- email@example.com, PROPHESEE S.A., 74 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
PROPHESEE is the “data controller” of any personal data it may collect, process and hold, unless we inform you otherwise.
- What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect from you directly can include your name, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, professional address, your purchasing activity and payment information if any purchases have been performed, and information you give us when you file a form and/or contact our customer services team. If you are browsing our website, we may collect your IP address or other device identifier.
- When do we collect your personal data?
When you access our website, file one of the form available on our website and our Knowledge Center.
When you contact our business development and customer services teams, online, by email or over the phone.
- How do we use your personal data and what are our justifications for doing so?
- To make our technology, products and services available to you.
We use your personal data to provide you with the information on our Event-Based Vision technology, products and services that you request or purchase from us (i.e. to complete certain tasks, processes or orders on our website, take payment online where applicable and deliver you information, products or services), and to communicate with you regarding those technology, products and services and respond to your questions and comments.
We rely on our contractual arrangements with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data when you make an order for products and services. Alternatively, in some cases, we rely on our legitimate interests as a business partner (for example, to measure customer satisfaction and troubleshoot customer issues). Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
- For administrative and internal business purposes
We may use your personal data for our internal business purposes, such as enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying usage and application trends. We may also use your data to monitor the use of our website and ensure that our website is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device and setting default options for you.
It is in our legitimate interests as a business partner to use your personal data in this way. For example, we want to ensure our website is customer friendly and works properly and that our products and services are efficient and of high quality. We also want to make it easy for you to interact with us. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
- For security and legal reasons
The Event Based Vision technology is an advanced, valuable and sensitive technology that needs to be protected from misappropriation. As consequence, we may use your personal data to: (i) ensure the personal and financial information you provide us is accurate; (ii) conduct fraud checks or prevent other illegal activity; (iii) conduct export control compliance checks; (iv) protect our rights or property (or those of others); and (v) fulfil our legal and compliance-related obligations.
In some cases, we will use your personal data because it’s necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation (such as if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency). In other cases (such as the detection of fraud) we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
- For personalizing your experience with Prophesee:
We provide you with technical, software and data set material by a form filing and execution or specific access granted to our knowledge center, always subject to your consent to this.
We process your registration details, account activity and purchase history to analyze your interest, how you download and what you shop for. This may include information on historical transactions and products you have shopped.
We rely on your consent to send email marketing messages to you as an Event Based Vision Technology community member based on the consent we acquired from you when you signed up, as amended by you from time to time.
- Who do we share your personal data with?
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, in order for us to provide our services to you, we share your personal data with our trusted third-party service providers or our group companies, as detailed below. Whenever we share your personal data, we put safeguards in place which require these organizations to keep your data safe and to ensure that they do not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
- Third party service providers to fulfil orders for products and services,
We work with a number of trusted service providers who carry out services on our behalf. When you purchase products and services from us, the services provided by these organizations includes delivery, product assembly and installation and processing payments. It is in our legitimate interests as a business to work with these service providers since we may not have the capabilities to provide these services ourselves. In each case, we will ensure that the service provider is only allowed to use your personal data in order to provide the services to us and for no other purpose.
- To prevent crime and comply with laws and regulations
We may share your financial information including your bank account references credit, debit card or other payment information with third parties to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently. This data sharing enables us to conduct fraud analysis which ensures that genuine and accurate payment details are provided to us for any purchase. We may share your personal data with credit agencies to assess your solvency.
There may be other scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to share or disclose your personal data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order (i) to prevent or detect crime or fulfil a legal requirement. : (i) ensure the personal and financial information you provide us is accurate; (iii) conduct export control compliance checks; (iv) protect our rights or property (or those of others); and (v) fulfil our legal and compliance-related obligations.
- Other professional services
We may need to disclose your personal data to our insurers where we believe that it is required under our contractual relationship with our insurance provider to do so. We work with carefully selected third parties, such as our customer database hosting provider who assist us in providing you best in class supplying services. We work with these third parties to place relevant content for you on our website or when we create your customer account.
- Group companies
We may share the personal data we collect with affiliates of Prophesee S.A. as follows (the “Prophesee Group”):
- Prophesee Technologies Inc., a company organized and existing under the Laws of United States of America, having its registered offices at Corp2000, 32 West Loockerman Street, Suite 107, Dover, Delaware 19904, USA;
- Prophesee International Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd a company organized and existing under the Laws of PRC, having its registered offices at Building C, NO.888, Huan Hu Xi Er Road, Pudong District Shanghai, PRC; and
- Prophesee 合同会社 (GK), a company organized and existing under the Laws of Japan, having its registered offices at 4F Sanno Park Tower, 2-11-1, Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan,
where those companies share various operations and business processes. We will do this in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, or because it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- Transfer of your personal data outside the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for example the USA, in the following circumstances:
- where you have requested a service which is fulfilled by one of the Prophesee Group which sit outside of the EEA; or
- where we work with a supplier which processes some of its personal data outside of the EEA.
If you would like further information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Your rights
You have rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it.
You are entitled to:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- access personal data we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
- require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
- request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format;
- object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data; and
- otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
You can read more about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, in the Guidance from the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) https://www.cnil.fr/fr/les-droits-pour-maitriser-vos-donnees-personnelles You also have the right to complain about our use of personal data to the ICO. You can do these by contacting the DPO of the CNIL via their website https://www.cnil.fr/agir or by calling +33 (0)1 53 73 22 22.
If you would like to speak to us in relation to any of your rights, please contact us: email@example.com .
- Changing your preferences
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products or services, or for other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by contacting us. Alternatively, if you have a profile on the Knowledge Center, you can unsubscribe by logging into your account, or simply follow the unsubscribe link provided in emails you receive from the Knowledge Center.
You can also unsubscribe our newsletters by following the unsubscribe link provided in emails you receive from us
We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is factually correct and up to date. If you find that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your email address) then please contact us so that we can correct it.
- Security and retention of your personal data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We have implemented various strategies, controls, policies and measures to keep your data secure and keep these measures under close review. We protect your data by using safeguards such as firewalls and password protection. This means that your data is protected and only accessible by co-workers who need it to carry out their job responsibilities. We also ensure that there are strict physical controls in our buildings which restricts access to your personal data to keep it safe.
We have procedures in place regarding our retention periods which we keep under review taking into account our reasons for processing your personal data and the legal basis for doing so.
© PROPHESEE S.A. 2021 – All rights reserved